Now you can Subscribe using RSS

Submit your Email

Sunday 11 September 2016

GBEGIRI SOUP!!!

Abimbola Omole

          Hello Darlings................................................
  I've been stuck with this amazing confidence boosting song - Try Everything by Shakira. I fell in love with the song when I saw this interesting cartoon - Zootopia, a 2016 Walt Disney production! Y'all should go and see the toon.  Don't forget to thank me later!!!!!!

This Gbegiri soup has caused enough commotion in my life! LOL. This finger licking amazing jaw dropping tasty bean soup mixed with Ewudu and Buka stew on top Amala can do wonders in your life! For real tho.  


This commotion is dated back to my secondary school days! FEGGO Queen ni mi oh! When on vacation week, I will start reducing the amount of money I spend in tuck shop so I can save up to buy Abula on our way home. I know all FEGGO Queens can relate! Mehn, we will beg the driver to branch this buka and make sure our coolers are filled with this wonder working meal. Of course, we are never filled. We just keep our hands crossed till the next vacation day! 

Even when I went with my mom to collect my certificates, I took her to this buka, we chop sotay we forgot out #400 change! Chai it can pain ehn....☹☹☹ enough story! Let's get to business.......
BLACK EYED BEANS

                                                             INGREDIENTS
·         2 Cups Black eyed or Brown Beans. ( I used black eyed beans)
·         3 Spoons Palm Oil
·         1 Tablespoon Locust Beans (Iru)
·         2 Tablespoons Crayfish Powder or Chunks of Dry Fish  (Optional)
·         2 Tablespoons Ground Dried Pepper. (Since I like pepper, I added Atarodo too.)
·           1 Knorr Cube (Unpaid advertisement  *LOL)
·         Salt to Taste.

                                                             DIRECTION
§   Soak your beans for about 10 minutes for easy peeling.  You can peel it by hand or pulse in a jug blender.  I used my hand, PHCN nor bring light
§  Add the peeled beans into a pot, using high heat, Add water and cook till very soft and mushy. Don't add too much water, you can start with about 3 cups and add water as you go, if need be.
§   Do not add salt.
§  After boiling for about 30 minutes, Use an ‘Ijabe’ to mash up the beans, you can also save time by blending till smooth in jug blender. If youre using a blender, allow the beans to cool down. Add about 1/2 cup of water to the beans before blending.
§  If you used an Ijabe to mash the beans, youll need to sieve the beans to remove clumps and get a smooth consistency.
§  Returns the paste back into the pot, using low heat add a bit of water to the paste. The consistency should not be too watery or thick.
§  Then, add the palm oil, Iru, dryfish, crayfish powder, knorr cube, ground pepper and salt to taste. Don't add too much palm oil.
§   Cook for about 5 minutes; stir occasionally to prevent burning
§  Gbegiri is ready when it thickens a little and the palm oil has thoroughly mixed with the paste.
§  You can add Gbegiri soup with its best friends. - ewedu Soup and Buka Stew! On top of Amala, to make the ninth wonder of the world -  ABULA
§  Enjoy your delicacy as I did mine! Nom!  Nom!!   Nom!!!

 Don't forget to share this recipe with your friends and family!!!! I Loooooooovvvvvvvvvvveeee Yoooooooouuuu!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Coprights @ 2016, Designed By VADEX BRANDS