Now you can Subscribe using RSS

Submit your Email

Sunday 1 May 2016

STORY TIME!!! ☺☺

Abimbola Omole

It's story time people! So I passed out of NYSC few weeks back and I was just thinking about how God saw me through! This is gonna be a lengthy one so I'd suggest you just grab some popcorn and let's gist. 


I remembered the day I checked my NYSC posting, I was in my school's senate building collecting my certificate with my two friends- Oladamola and Simileoluwa though we had earlier done our convocation around december of the previous year, we were in one chamber waiting for it and one guy just rushed in and said- call up letters has been uploaded, you guys can check your postings. Immediately I started having flashbacks images of me pranking my sister and mom, like I'd just shout and say I've checked it and it's Oyo state. And they'll both be excited, until I burst the bubble and tell them I was joking. But this aint no joke.  
My heartbeat doubled, tripled sef. With the whole sweaty palms- I. Was. Nervous.
So similoluwa checked hers on her phone, she saw FCT and that was where she wanted, so we were excited together, so my turn came now, my heartbeat was now audible and I was just waiting to see Oyo state and finally the page loaded and I saw 'State of Deployment' -- Ebonyi......
  I started crying there and then. Like, this doesn't look like the Oyo state I wanted. I just went to one corner and started shedding tears. Lmao! See ehn, I've already made plans in my head about where I was gonna stay in IB, I mean I had the whole thing planned out, and here I am. Not even Enugu, Anambra but Ebonyi! Jesus Christ! Immediately I informed my parents about it, my Dad just told me to start coming home and we'll work something out. Mom was a little worried, but she comforted me. Anytime I remember how my parents deal with stuff with us, I just get teary eyed. Back to my story sha, I couldn't sleep that night, I started thinking about how wrong Ebonyi is. I cried for days. Dad started making calls to his eastern friends asking them how Ebonyi looks, trust now. They pimped their state. Bimbola was still busy crying. ☺☺ 
Peeps be asking me 'bimbola, where did they post you? I'd say Ebonyi. They'll be like 'eh yah, sorry ehn. It's not that bad' you'll be seeing the sarcasm written all over their faces. It will even make me cry more Wicked people ☹☹.  
Anyways, mans gat to be strong, I stopped crying a day to camp. My mind was just foggy about the whole thing. I had to leave a day before camp opens, because long journey. We passed through Akure-Owo-Benin-Asaba-Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Abakaliki-Afikpo(where camp is located) there are still some small villages in between oh. Especially that Edo state. Dem full there. I sat close to the window, listening to some confidence boosting jams. 
After four hours of take off, I was gallantly crossing the famous Onitsha bridge into the red soiled Eastern parts of Nigeria, immediately home seemed faraway. One consolation I had was that I was gonna meet my friend from way back feggo- Constance, cos she was also posted there, she finally left me alone in Ebonyi tho.☹ I was a little bit active in camp,

ABIMBOLA ET AL.
I got  a good ppa posting to a Girls' school, where I taught JSS2 Agricultural science. I had opportunity to relocate tho, but I didn't because the whole stress it involves, me that I'm lazy plus it's just 11 months remaining. 
Boom! Since I was far away from home/friends. I had no choice than to get closer to me. Like, I discovered me. Cos only me 24/7. This is something I'll forever remain grateful for. I became #GodlyDiva ☺☺ ☺☺ ☺ ☺☺ sometimes, just sometimes we don't get what we want. And it's for our own good. I wouldn't write more than this. I'd talk more in person. 
Anyways, one thing that made my stay memorable was the F O O D. I can't even write enough cos I don't know where to start from. Is it the okpa? Akinaukwa? Garden egg and groundnut sauce? Abacha? Abacha mmri? Don't let me even start with the soups and soupsies.
So these foods made my stay. a memorable one. That even after two weeks after passing out, I still wanna stay. #iyafemi must not see this. So anytime you find yourself in the east make sure you try to get these amazing foods. Not every time travel out for vacation, Eastern Nigeria is a nice destination, they've got nice resorts too.  
As I'll be traveling back home with the little Igbo I learnt, I pledge to continue to show myself when the situation demands it. I will continue adding 'kwa', 'biko' and 'ginni' to my sentences. I will constantly tell as many people who are willing to listen about the hard-working nature of the NdiIgbos, how you dare not enter an Igbo man compound to pluck fruits/leaves, because it's another source of income. Yes! I will tell of how the sun rises in the EAST. If not for anything because I CAME, SAW and CONQUERED!!!

Don't forget to share and comment because your comments are like  sweet chunks of 'okporoko' (stock fish) in my egusi soup.......... 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like much fun to me.BUT WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE CHURCH EXPERIENCE? Not significant enough I guess. By the way, that corper friend is fine ooo..Biko make we yarn o.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Church experience was significant Haba! I just don't want the post to be too long! Lol! My friend is not availaboo! LoL

    ReplyDelete

Coprights @ 2016, Designed By VADEX BRANDS